For me, having a few great tools that are good for several things means my kitchen stays clean, uncluttered and easy to navigate.
Here are 5 things that (I think) you do not need in a real food kitchen.
1. The garlic press - since I already mentioned it here, I decided to put it at number one.
2. An avocado slicer - The only thing this tool is used for is slicing avocados. A knife works great as well.
3. An artichoke steamer - my mom* actually got me this several years ago because we love artichokes. The problem was, we only had one and it took up a lot of space in the pot.
4. One click butter dispenser - I have no words for this one.
5. Strawberry Slicer - We eat a lot of strawberries in our house. It is probably our favorite fruit**. But again, this contraption is a bit ridiculous.
There are a few tools that I think really make cooking easier and more enjoyable. I list those on my real food and tools recommendations.
You can also subscribe to my eletter and get the Top 5 Kitchen Tools free guide and email updates.
*I actually told my mom a few months ago that I didn't really want to keep it. She has been on a simplifying kick as well and did not care that I got rid of it.
** So technically a strawberry is not a fruit. What? I know. It is an accessory fruit. Just a bit of trivia for you today :)