This chocolate peanut butter homemade granola is simple, inexpensive and made with real ingredients. I love making homemade granola. I have been making it for years. Homemade granola is very easy to make and there are so many ways to change it up that it makes it an easy breakfast food to use up things in your pantry.
This version of granola uses my whipped chocolate peanut butter.
4 cups oats
3 Tbsp coconut oil
2 Tbsp whipped chocolate peanut butter (or another spread of your choice)
1 cup nuts (optional)
1/2 cup coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oats on a large cookie sheet or jelly roll pan.
- Spread them out in a thin layer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until lightly golden brown. Check and stir often as they have a tendency to burn quickly.
- While cooking the oats, melt the coconut oil and nut butter.
- Once the oats are toasted, take them out of the oven and add any other items you want (nuts, coconut flakes, etc.)
- drizzle the coconut/nut butter mixture on top of the oats and stir until all oats are coated.
- let cool for 5-10 minutes